So. Turns out I lied.
Not two hours after I posted my previous blog post, this arrived on my doorstep:
Yes, I opened the box upside down.
This may be the single most beautiful book I’ve ever held. I thought the cover image was pretty on-screen, but in person, it’s stunning. I can’t wait to see this one on the shelf! (Officially, Dec 1, in the US, but you’ll probably be able to find it mid-November.) Here it is up close:
And from the side:
Now, Rachel, you might be thinking. I can’t help noticing that this is a very thick book. Why is this book so thick?
I’m so glad you asked, Bob! (You’re all Bob, now. That’s a new thing I just decided. You good with that, Bob?) This book is so thick because it’s an omnibus edition! What does that mean? Again, Bob, I’m so glad you asked! What that means is that when you buy this…
…what you’re really getting is this…
That’s right! Two full-length novels, plus the novella “Reaper,” which has never before been in print.
Three books for the price of one.
As you probably know, No. 1 is getting us all packed to move to Oklahoma, and since we’ve now added 48 books to the pile of things that must be moved, I thought I should help the poor packing guru out. I know I said I wouldn’t do a giveaway this week, but in the interest in getting stuff out of my house, rather than adding to what must be moved…I’ve changed my mind.
Up for grabs: TWO copies of the Soul Screamers Volume Two omnibus (one to each winner).
- Two winner will be chosen at random and announced here on Saturday, October 27, 2012.
- One entry per person.
- You must be at least 18 years old or have a parent/legal guardian’s permission to enter, and to provide a shipping address if you win.
- Please allow 2+ weeks for shipping within the continental US and 4+ weeks for shipping outside of the continental US.
- Void where prohibited.
- DO NOT type your email address or shipping information into the body of your comment. I don’t need either of those until/unless you win.
- YOU MUST come back to this blog on Saturday, October 27 to see if you win. The winner will not be contacted; s/he must follow the instructions on Monday’s blog post to claim the prize.
How to Enter: Answer the following question in the comments of this blog post. What will you be for Halloween this year, or, if you’re not dressing up, what’s your favorite costume from the past?
Okay, start commenting!